Excited for Boracay’s reopening? Before you plan your trip, here are some helpful tips on how to explore and enjoy the magnificent island.
Voted as the Best Island in the World outside of the US for 2017 by readers of the prestigious Condé Nast Traveler, Boracay, is undeniably one of the best destinations in the world. It is a tropical island located approximately 315km south of Manila and 2km off the Northwest tip of Panay Island in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines.
Below are important information that you may use as a My Boracay Travel Guide:
1. How to go there? You can reach this beautiful island by plane around 45 minutes from the Manila Domestic Airport going to Caticlan Airport (Godofredo P. Ramos Airport). Flights going to Caticlan Airport (airport code MPH) are PAL (Philippine Airlines), Cebu Pacific, Skyjet and Air Asia. If you’re coming from an international location, you may need to first book a flight to Manila then book a flight to Caticlan. Another option is to take a direct flight going to Kalibo Airport (Cebu Pacific, Air Asia or Philippine Airlines) which is a 2-hour drive away from Caticlan and 10-minute boat ride away from Boracay Island.
2. The best time to visit is from October to June as these months are generally sunny and the beach is more stunning.
3. Activities in the island. A great way to explore Boracay is from the ocean, and one of the best ways is to sail on a paraw or native outrigger sailboat. A scenic and relaxing cruise takes you around the island to explore wonderful beaches, coves, snorkeling sites and secret hideaways such as the White Beach, Island Cove, Magic Island, Ariel’s Point, Puka Beach and Willy’s Rock.
4. Where to stay? There are numerous choices when it comes to accommodation in Boracay. You can choose from the cheapest up to most luxurious resorts. But if you’re after a guaranteed relaxing stay, best option is to stay in a luxury resort in Boracay such as Discovery Shores. A homegrown Filipino hotel brand, Discovery Shores Boracay is known for its one-of-a-kind personalized service they call “Service That’s All Heart”. Each staff truly cares, not only for each guest, similar to how they would care for their family, but also for Boracay. As one of the firsts luxury accommodation in the island, this has been home to many unforgettable memories, whether a simple family vacation, a “barkada” getaway or a wedding event. Get to know more about this exquisite property here.
5. The view. While it is true that Boracay is known to have a vibrant nightlife, it undoubtedly has some of the best views not only in the Philippines, but also in the world. In fact, in Boracay, no two sunsets are alike. The marvelous sunset definitely complements the powdery white sands and pristine beach of Boracay. Now that the government is gearing towards sustainable tourism as soon as the island reopens, you can be sure to enjoy Boracay at its finest.