While on quarantine, take this opportunity to make something delicious for you and your family. How about starting with a pasta dish? Forno Osteria‘s take on the classic carbonara is elegant and flavorful with the use of lobster, taleggio cheese for the sauce, pancetta instead of the traditional guanciale and richness of the duck egg yolks to finish the sauce. Here’s the lobster carbonara recipe to try by Forno Osteria:
Ingredients to make taleggio sauce:
• White Onion 37g
• Olive oil 7ml
• Celery stalk 30g
• Garlic cloves, smashed 15g
• White wine 67ml
• Cooking Cream .75L
• Taleggio, rind off .15kg
• Fresh thyme 4.5g
How to make taleggio sauce:
• In a pan, add olive oil. Sweat mirepoix for 15 minutes until soft and translucent.
• Add white wine and reduce to half.
• Add cream and thyme. Let simmer and reduce to ⅓ quantity.
• Strain cream mixture over taleggio cheese.
• Blend and cool down.
Ingredients to make 1 serving of lobster carbonara:
• Basic Pasta dough recipe 180g
• Semolina flour (dusting) 30g
• Lobster 200g
• Olive oil 30ml
• Duck Egg 1pc
• Taleggio Sauce
• Diced Pancetta 15g
• Parmigiano Reggiano 15g
• Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley 10g
• Basil 5g
• Lemon zest 1pc
• Salt 1g
• Cracked Pepper 1g
• EVOO 10ml
How to make lobster carbonara:
• Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
• Cook linguini pasta for a minute short of al dente (pasta should be quite firm).
• On a sauté pan, drizzle olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced pancetta, let the fat render and let it crisp.
• Add Lobster meat and sauté for about a minute.
• Add Tallegio sauce and let simmer
• Add the linguine pasta.
• Simmer tossing occasionally until pasta is al dente and pasta is coated with sauce. Add pasta water if needed to loosen pasta.
• Turn off heat and drop duck egg yolks. stirring vigorously and shaking pan to emulsify sauce.
• Add parmesan cheese, toss pasta to combine
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Transfer on a pasta bowl.
• Drizzle EVOO
• Add shredded basil and parsley.
• Grate more parmesan cheese. Top with lemon zest.
• Garnish and you’re ready to serve!