Most couples dream of a unique and memorable wedding. However, planning for marriage can be a daunting task especially if you have set your mind for a destination wedding such as the dreamy Boracay Island. Luckily the internet’s existence has made wedding inspirations, ideas and tips readily available to numerous people, to make that Boracay beach wedding come true.
Here are a few things that you may want to know when tying the knot in Boracay:
1. Church Ceremony – Yes, Boracay has a church for Catholics to say their vows in. The only church on the island is the Holy Rosary Parish which can accommodate about 100 guests, ideal for an intimate and small ceremony.
2. Beach Wedding- Weddings at the beachfront of Boracay Island are known to be romantic and magical – nothing short of a fairytale happy ending. The beachfront is often transformed into a whimsical venue complete with captivating decorations coupled with a picturesque backdrop of the calming ocean and spectacular sunset.
3. Weather – Although the weather is something unpredictable and out of your control, it would be best to schedule your Boracay beach wedding during the sunnier months which are from October to June.
Meanwhile, an advantage of setting your wedding during the lean months would mean a less crowded island. However, chances of rain are much higher. A contingency plan is always recommended for outdoor weddings to avoid hassles should the weather decide not cooperate.
Photo courtesy of @kattsanjuan
4. Perfect Location – It is advisable to do your research with regards to the location of your wedding as there are many resorts and beaches to choose from. Most Boracay beach weddings are done at the famous White Beach. However, there are other beaches available should you prefer a more intimate and quiet ceremony.
5. Entrust Your Wedding to Local Hands – You need to find someone who knows the ins and outs of Boracay as it can get pretty gruesome to look and secure suppliers and vendors on your own. This is a crucial aspect especially if you can’t fly to Boracay to ensure your venue, decorations, photographer, videographer and so on are all set for your wedding day.
6. Best time – It is advised to have the wedding ceremony either early in the morning or just before sunset. This helps everyone from squinting during the event. The right amount of sunlight will also produce the most beautiful wedding photos.
If a destination wedding is your dream, then look no further. Discovery Shores Boracay weddings are legendary. Select from the carefully and thoughtfully crafted Seasons of Love wedding packages to ensure your special day is everything you envisioned it to be.